Version history for SENIB
Here you can read a little about what's new and what has been improved in the different versions of SENIB.
SENIB gets its present structure
- SENIB gets support for fully backward compatible updates in the future and you are now notified automatically if there is an update available when you open any “1NewHouse.ods” file. It is then also possible to update SENIB without visiting this web page.
- SENIB is now available in English and Swedish and has the possibility to be translated into other languages by using a “language” file.
- SENIB is tested compatible with the most common operating systems – Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
Two new big functions added and a few smaller ones
- Free outdoor temperature statistics
Free automatic download of outdoor temperature statistics. This plugin is only available in Swedish. Contact us for more information about how to activate it.
- 1-pipe systems
SENIB can now with several different calculation methods be used to get pre-setting values for radiator valves in hydronic 1-pipe heating systems.
Faster execution of macros for many functions.
Visual improvements, mainly for Mac OS X.
Many non-important and one critical bug fixed. The critical bug concerned import of measurements from PDF files when the operating system is set to use a comma as a thousand separator. (Standard in the US.) E.g. 45,67 meters was imported as 4567 meters.
- Support for PDF-XChange Editor
If you in previous versions of SENIB wanted to measure blueprints in PDF-files then you had to use the program PDF-XChange Viewer. Now it's possible to use the successor PDF-XChange Editor which is free as well.
You can read more about the PDF programs here.
- Heating unit only used in summer
Now it's possible in the sheet "Info" in the file 1NewHouse.ods to specify that the primary heating unit is only used during the summer, e.g. heating of hot tap water.
Comments added with help texts and more cells can warn for errors. E.g. now cells become red in the sheet "AptAdj" if values in cells exceeds the maximum opening value of the valve.
A few less important bugs fixed and one more serious. In the file 1NewHouse.ods, sheet "Other", cell G64 the wrong size of the pump was calculated if several identical houses is connected to the same central heating room and that was specified in cell L5 in sheet "Size", at the same time as the user has chosen to not specify the measurements of all apartments in every house by choosing "No" in cell H7 in the sheet "Apt".